Monday, July 13, 2009

on podcasts.

i hate podcasts (and online videos, for that matter). i work in a public area where listening and watching are impractical, and i can't devote my complete attention to something for any appreciable length of time. that's why i prefer to get all of my news in text format - it's quiet, discreet, and i can break away from my reading (and return to it) with no hassles.

i also hate itunes (probably due to my piratical ancestry), so i refuse to install any apple products on my computer.

(side rant: what i hate most of all is crappy user generated content. i don't care about what some dude on the street thinks about (x). i don't want to see grainy cell phone footage of (x). i want to read a coherent, professionally written news story about (x) that is properly edited and full of facts. don't tell me how you feel about cupcakes, tell me how to make a freaking cupcake.)

i did explore the post-gazette's podcast page and looked at the XML subscription option, but i didn't sign up for anything. so feel free to give me an incomplete for this week if you wish.

i give myself a kitten.



this kitten solemnly swears that he will never produce a crappy podcast.

1 comment:

  1. That's fair (and funny). One of the reasons I'm glad you're participating (and why I just like you in general) is that you always have a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete